Summer in Miami isn’t all about beaches and festivals. For families in the area, Zoo Miami is the perfect place to spend the season. And with fun-filled exhibits and seasonal events, it’s easy to see why.
To get an idea of what this iconic location attraction has to offer this summer, here’s your guide to everything you need to know about Zoo Miami.
Animal & Exhibits
If your kids are huge animal lovers, there’s really no better place to go than Zoo Miami. They have tons of exhibits showcasing just about any animal you can think of. From lions and tigers and bears to exotic amphibians like frogs and lizards, you’ll find it all at Zoo Miami.
Plus, the zoo features a number of educational attractions that’ll be so much fun for your children that they won’t even realize they’re learning. Here are a few Zoo Miami attractions listed below…
- Children’s Zoo: From 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, this kid-friendly attraction showcases many different barnyard animals and a few exotic ones for an experience like no other. Your kids can brush and groom goats and sheep or watch the keepers train horses. Best of all, they can even feed some of the animals themselves!
- Sami Family Amphitheater Wildlife Shows: Open daily from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM, the Sami Family Amphitheater Wildlife Shows give you and your children an exclusive look at some of the majestic, large, and amazing creatures residing at Zoo Miami.
- Water-play areas and Playworld Playground: Need a break from the animals, but don’t want to leave the zoo just yet? Then head over to the water-play areas and Playworld Playground! The water-play areas are the perfect place for your kids to cool down, while the Playworld Playground lets them run around and release some energy.
Upcoming Events & Tickets
Throughout the summer, Zoo Miami will be hosting a variety of events that’ll sure to be fun for the entire family! Here are some that you can expect from the zoo this season…
- Wild Nights: Eat or Be Eaten – June 10 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM:This nighttime event gives you a glimpse of some of the most exotic animals in Asia as you search for lions, elephants, and tapirs.
- Fishing Derby and Breakfast – June 25 from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM:Perfect for anyone who loves fishing, this event features a full morning of reeling in big catches with you and your entire family. Bait and rods will be provided, and the family that catches the largest fish will have a chance to win a behind-the-scenes experience of the zoo’s Amazon & Beyond exhibit
- Zoo Miami Live! – July 15 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM: This family-friendly concert will feature The Long Run, an Eagles tribute band, and will benefit Zoo Miami’s global conservation efforts.
Zoo Miami Camp
There’s more to this local zoo than events and exhibits. If you want to give your kids a more exciting and educational way to enjoy their summer, enroll them in Zoo Miami’s camps.
The camps are designed for kids ages 4 to 12 and are perfect for any child who wants to immerse himself or herself in the world of animals. There are sessions for summer, as well as spring and winter. The camps run from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM with an option of extended care until 5:30 PM.
There’s a lot to see and do at Zoo Miami this summer. If you don’t want to miss a second of all the fun, grab your tickets and plan your trip to Zoo Miami now! Plus, don’t forget to follow Zoo Miami on Facebook for the latest news about attractions and upcoming events.