2018 Honda Accord Safety Features
If you’re looking for a high-quality sedan to help you get around Hialeah, Doral, and Miami, look no further than the new Honda Accord. The Accord has long been one of the top models in the midsize sedan class and is the perfect choice for any consumer looking for a comfortable, fun ride.
In this Honda Accord safety features review, we’ll help drivers and locals take a closer look at the advanced system of safety features known as Honda Sensing®. For additional information, contact us at Braman Honda in Miami.
Honda Sensing® in the 2018 Accord
Honda Sensing® is a suite of advanced safety systems designed to keep you and your passengers safer while on the road. Consisting of several different systems, each feature of the Honda Sensing® collection has a particular purpose that makes your drives both easier and safer.
With Honda Sensing® on your side, you’ll be able to anticipate and avoid major wrecks, guaranteeing that every drive is harm-free. The Road Departure Mitigation System, for instance, will notify you if your Accord is straying from the road, so you can take appropriate actions. Honda This advanced safety suite also helps you prevent dangerous frontal collisions by providing Forward Collision Warning and the Collision Mitigation Braking System™.
Other Honda Sensing safety features include Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow, the Lane Keeping Assist System, and Traffic Sign Recognition.
Honda Sensing® Safety Features
- Road Departure Mitigation System: This helpful safety system utilizes a small camera located just behind the windshield to detect and monitor safety markers on the road, such as lane dividers. If the system detects that the Honda Accord is about to leave the roadway, an alert notifies the driver to steer back into the lane.
- Forward Collision Warning: This system can detect frontal collision risks and warns the driver to slow down.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™: If there’s no response to Forward Collision Warning or if the system detects an otherwise unavoidable forward collision, the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ will automatically help to slow and stop the Honda Accord safely.
- Lane Departure Warning: Using similar technology to the Road Departure Mitigation System, Lane Departure Warning monitors lane markings to warn you if you begin to leave your lane without signaling.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: This system can help drivers stay in their lane and reduce drifting by applying subtle steering adjustments to keep the Honda Accord in the center of the lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: With this, the driver selects the cruising speed and the desired distance from the vehicle in front of theirs. The system then automatically holds that distance, even reducing speed if traffic begins to slow.
Additional Honda Accord Safety Features
If the sophisticated Honda Sensing® safety systems weren’t already enough, the 2018 Honda Accord offers even more safety features and technologies. For instance, to help you keep track of your surroundings while reversing, the Accord provides a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera system. You’ll also have access to a Tire Pressure Monitoring System, so you’ll always know when your tire needs air and can avoid the risks of driving on underinflated tires. There’s almost no limit to the ways that the Honda Accord keeps you safe.
For starters, the Accord is manufactured with an Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure, which is meant to reduce your chances of serious injuries during a collision. The Accord is also equipped with airbags throughout its cabin, including SmartVent® front side airbags, advanced front airbags, and side curtain airbags with rollover sensor.
Learn More About the 2018 Honda Accord
We hope this review of the Honda Accord safety features has helped you learn about the car’s exceptional safety technology. If you’re in the Miami, Doral, or Hialeah areas and you’d like to learn more about the 2018 Honda Accord, schedule a test drive with us at Braman Honda.