2020 Honda Civic Safety Features
While the 2020 Honda Civic is already known for its style and efficiency, its sophistication also comes with being a reliable, advanced vehicle to guide you on your Miami, Hialeah, and Doral, Florida, drives. The Honda Civic manufacturers know that safety features are the most important aspect to check out in your next vehicle, and they deliver.
To give you all the details on the 2020 Honda Civic safety features, our team at Braman Honda Miami put together this review. Read through to see how the Civic is ahead of the safety features game, and how you can check them out for yourself today!
Stay in Control: Honda Civic Active Safety Features
When you’re driving your vehicle and encounter slippery conditions, you probably worry about over or under steering and losing control of your car. If you want to stay calm when driving conditions get tough, the only compact car that you should drive is the Honda Civic.
The Honda Civic comes equipped with the Vehicle Stability Assist™ with Traction Control system, which helps keep you in control. If you’re driving on a slippery road and under or over steer your vehicle, Vehicle Stability Assist™ jumps into action by decreasing power to your engine and applying the brakes on each wheel of your sedan, helping you to maintain stability.
Additionally, you’ll be able to see all around your vehicle with the Multi-Angle Rearview Camera. This dynamic feature offers three different views: normal, top-down, and wide.
Some other active safety features you’ll find in the 2020 Honda Civic include:
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), a system that distributes a varied amount of force to each wheel, based on road conditions
- Brake Assist, a system that detects the level of brake engagement to determine if the vehicle should come to an emergency stop
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), helping you to be aware of your tires’ inflation levels
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL), helping to keep your vehicle visible at all times of the day
Honda Civic Passive Safety Features
In addition to the long list of active safety features, the 2020 Civic also offers passive safety features that come standard on every Civic model. Features such as Advanced Front Airbags (i-SRS), SmartVent® Front Side Airbags, and Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor will give you peace of mind on those longer drives.
Additionally, the 2020 Civic is safe for kiddos. With standard Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH), and child-proof rear door locks, you’ll feel an extra sense of security with the little ones in the backseat.
Plus, you’ll always have a reminder to buckle up with the Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Seat-Belt Reminder. Additionally, the Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System will help to keep you extra secure.
Honda Sensing® is a suite of driver-assist technologies available for the 2020 Honda Civic. These amenities are specially designed to keep you aware of your surroundings. Best of all, they can help you avoid a collision or reduce the severity of a crash.
Safety technologies in the Honda Sensing® system include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): This advanced system works with Forward Collision Warning to let you know if you’re about to crash into the vehicle ahead. If you don’t hit the brakes fast enough, the CMBS™ will apply the brakes to help bring your Civic to a stop.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): If you move to change lanes without using your turn signal, the Road Departure Mitigation System will provide steering assistance to keep you in the proper lane. It can also apply the brakes as needed to make sure you stay on the road.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): As you’re driving, the Lane Keeping Assist System will adjust the car’s steering performance to keep you centered in your lane. It also works with Lane Departure Warning to let you know when you start to accidentally drift into another lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow: This innovative safety feature maintains a preset speed limit as well as a safe following distance, as you’re driving through the area. It can also slow down and stop the car to match the flow of traffic ahead to better ensure your safety.
Maybe the most exciting of the available 2020 Honda Civic safety features is Honda LaneWatch™. With Honda LaneWatch™, you’ll be able to easily see your surroundings and will have a much clearer view than what’s provided by your side mirrors. As soon as you activate your right turn signal, LaneWatch™ turns on and transmits live video of your blind spot, allowing you to safely turn without worrying about colliding with another automobile.
Driving is easier and much safer with the Civic’s LaneWatch™ feature.
How Safe is the Honda Civic?
If you’ve been looking for a compact car that’s loaded with dependable safety features, look no further than the Honda Civic and its multiple systems designed for your security. Get answers to your questions about the 2020 Honda Civic safety features by visiting Braman Honda in Miami and scheduling a test drive.
Braman Honda Miami is thrilled to offer Doral, Miami, and Hialeah, FL, drivers with a great selection of new Honda vehicles, as well as an exciting inventory of pre-owned models. Be sure to stop at our dealership if you want reliable service and countless vehicle options.