Honda Civic Dashboard Light Guide
During the first few years of car ownership, your vehicle will likely seem perfect. And surely, it’ll run at peak performance. But as the years pass, a bit of wear is natural. And eventually, repairs will be necessary.
The Honda Civic comes with multiple dashboard warning and indicator lights that can inform you of required maintenance. To help our Miami, Doral, and Hialeah customers identify them, the team at Braman Honda has put together this dashboard light guide.
Honda Civic Yellow Indicator Lights
When you see one of these yellow lights appear on your dashboard, it may only indicate proper vehicle function. However, it could also indicate a developing problem. Be sure to follow up accordingly.
- Smart Entry System Indicator: This light notes an error with the smart entry system and appears as a key with an exclamation point over it.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low Speed Follow Indicator: This light illuminates as the letters ACC and indicates a problem with this system.
- Lane Keeping Assist System Indicator: This turns on when there’s an error with the system and is depicted as LKAS.
- Road Departure Mitigation Indicator: This light is depicted as a car veering from its lane and turns on when there’s a malfunction with this feature.
- Electric Power Steering System Indicator: This light appears as an exclamation point next to a steering wheel and turns on when there’s an error with your electric power steering.
- Check Engine Indicator: This light turns on when your engine has misfired. A loose fuel cap could also cause it to illuminate. The light looks like an engine.
- Anti-lock Brake System Indicator: This light is depicted as the letters ABS and turns on when there’s an error with this braking system.
- Vehicle Stability Assist Indicator: This light looks like a car on a winding path. It turns on when the system engages. When disabled, the word OFF will appear below it.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System Indicator: This light looks like a car in a front-end collision. It turns on when there’s a problem with this system.
- Brake System Indicator: This light illuminates as the words BRAKE SYSTEM. It may also appear as an exclamation point inside a circle. It turns on when there’s an error in the brake system.
- Low Tire Pressure Indicator: This light will turn on when the pressure in one or more of your tires is low. It looks like an exclamation point inside brackets.
- Washer Fluid Level Indicator: This light is depicted as a stream of fluid spouting from a windshield. It indicates that your washer fluid level is low.
- Maintenance Minder Indicator: This light turns on when scheduled maintenance is due. It looks like a wrench.
- System Message Indicator: This light appears as the letter i inside a circle. It turns on when there’s a new system message waiting. Check your driver information display for more information.
Honda Civic Red Warning Lights
Red lights are warnings that require your immediate attention. Call your local Honda dealer to inspect any malfunctions in your Honda Civic.
- Brake System Warning: This light appears as the word BRAKE or an exclamation point inside a circle. It turns on when there’s a problem with the brake system or if the brake fluid is low. Have it examined right away.
- Low Oil Pressure Warning: This light looks like an oil can and turns on when the engine oil is low. Refill as soon as possible.
- Supplemental Restraint System Warning: This light looks like an airbag deployed over a seated passenger. It turns on when there’s a problem with this restraint system.
- Charging System Warning: This light turns on if there’s an error with the charging system. It looks like a battery.
- Door Open Warning: This light is depicted as a car with open doors. It indicates that one of your doors is ajar. Stop the car immediately and close it.
State-of-the-Art Honda Service Center
Now that you have a better sense of your Honda Civic’s dashboard lights, we’d like to tell you a bit about the expert automotive technicians at our Honda service center. They’re incredibly knowledgeable when it comes to these warnings and icons, so they should be able to diagnose that problem with little more than a glance. But, of course, they can do much more than that – they can also fix the problem effectively.
That’s because they’ve been training and gaining experience for years. In addition to the knowledge and skills of our teammates, we provide a few more things to make sure you get the service you need.
Service and Parts Financing: We firmly believe a vehicle is an investment—an important investment in your financial, personal, and family lives. That means everybody deserves to have a safe and functional car, regardless of whether money may be a bit tight at that particular moment. That’s why we provide service and parts financing with flexible monthly payments to expand the options you have.
Honda Express Service: We also firmly believe honoring your schedule should be one of our top priorities. That’s why we’ve created the Honda Express Service option. It has all the perks you look for in a fast, convenient auto service. No appointment’s necessary, we’re open Saturdays and evenings, and we provide a variety of maintenance and repair procedures with genuine Honda parts. Plus, there’s a comfortable waiting area with high-speed wireless internet access and television where you can relax.
Best of all, setting up an appointment is easier than ever before, thanks to our convenient online form.
Heed Your Honda Civic Dashboard Lights
To ensure your safety, you should pay close attention to your dashboard lights. Failing to do so could cause irreparable damage to your vehicle’s powertrain.
If a light has appeared on your dashboard that isn’t featured here, feel free to contact the team at Braman Honda for more information or schedule your service appointment online today. We’re here to ensure all Miami, Doral, and Hialeah drivers get the most years from their cars.